What we are looking for.
We are currently seeking extraordinary candidates who are passionate about their work and have complete dedication and determination to exceed the needs of our organization.
IMPORTANT: All staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19; unless medically exempt.
Do you have the following?
- High School graduate/General Equivalency Diploma preferred
- Minimum 2 years of similar facilities/maintenance experience
- Plumbing, electrical and HVAC knowledge a plus
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions.
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand and lift heavy objects as needed.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from patients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
As a Facility Maintenance Associate, your position will include but is not limited to:
- Upkeep of all common areas, indoors and outdoors. Maintains the grounds of the facility by performing such tasks as; landscaping, mowing the lawn, raking, sweeping, leaf blowing, snow removal.
- Ensure building interior and exterior at Settlement Health’s various sites remain clean, safe, and easily accessible for patients, visitors, and staff at all times.
- General maintenance of lighting systems throughout the facility, replacing bulbs and lamps.
- Perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of basic plumbing issues, spackle, sand and paint, adjustment of locks, assembly of furniture and carpentry functions.
- Perform reoccurring (daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly) action items in accordance with the building and maintenance procedures. Such as Fire extinguishers, testing emergency exit lights, eye wash station, etc.
- Handling additional spot cleaning as needed, including dusting, sweeping, mopping and cleaning of ceiling vents.
- As directed by the Facility Operations Manager, respond to work orders and make repairs as necessary.
- Reports any faulty operations, defective material and major maintenance needs immediately to the Facility Operations Manager and recommends corrective action as appropriate.
- Maintaining the building HVAC equipment in order to keep climate control in the facility functioning properly
- Sanitizing and wiping down of various surfaces (e.g. patient waiting areas, door handles, railings, etc.)
- Maintain as needed inventory of maintenance supplies, distribution of deliveries and/or supplies and organization of supply closets.
- Comply with safety regulations and OSHA standards as required by law and organization policies.
- This position requires the need to be on call, must be flexible and available to respond to emergency issues; including early morning, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Availability to work independently on projects and as a member of a team.
- Availability to use efficiently various power and hand tools.
We are located in the heart of East Harlem. Settlement Health has been part of the community since 1977 and we provide affordable, quality primary care health services.
What we offer.
Settlement Health offers an attractive compensation package which includes a 401K Pension Plan, generous paid time off, flexible spending accounts, free life insurance, commuter benefit programs, discount programs and much more…