Settlement Health invites applications for the full-time position of Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for assessing and triaging patients and providing support to physicians when taking patients’ history. The LPN will perform certain lab tests, i.e., peak flow measurements, dipstick urinalysis, finger stick blood tests, PPDs, pregnancy and strep screens as well as phlebotomy. The LPN will also assist in emergency care and first aid procedures, administering immunizations and medications.
IMPORTANT: All staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19; or with exceptions only as required by law.
- Current New York State LPN License
- Basic Life Support (CPR) and Infection Control certification
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- A minimum of two years experience in a community health care setting and knowledge of routine nursing techniques and procedures
- Good communication skills and the ability to deal with sensitive issues in a courteous, friendly and confidential manner
- Experience working with an electronic health record system
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
As our organization continues to grow, new positions are continually being created thus offering opportunities for promotion and internal career advancement. In-house skill training is provided via lunch and learns and fun presentations to help employees expand their knowledge and abilities for enhanced job performance.
Settlement Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes: generous amounts of paid time off, health and dental insurance, 401k pension plan, health and dependent care spending accounts, no-cost life insurance, long term disability, commuter benefits program, college tuition assistance, NHSC loan repayment program, CME allowance and college savings plan (529).
How to Apply
Interested candidates can upload their resumes and cover letters in the form below. Please submit documents in PDF format. Files should be less than 100k in size. If you have any trouble uploading the file, you can manually email your resume to email@example.com