Settlement Health invites applications for the full-time position of Medical Assistant.
The Medical Assistant assists patients and physicians during physical examinations. This includes performing EKG’s, phlebotomy, taking vital signs and other procedures.
Medical Assistants must maintain confidentiality of medical information. Additionally, they must properly document in medical charts. Other duties may include: assisting with the handling of supplies, caring for equipment, and cleaning designated areas.
The work is supervised by the physician and the Nurse Manager. The Medical Assistant is reviewed according to their ability to carry out instructions, the quality of their work, and their attitude toward patients, families, and other members of the team.
Applicants must possess the following skills/certifications:
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) Certification.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish.
- A diploma from an accredited (300-hour) program of medical assistants and/or nursing assistants.
- A minimum of one year’s experience in a community health care setting, with corresponding knowledge of routine nursing techniques and procedures.
- The ability to communicate effectively and deal with sensitive issues in a courteous, friendly and confidential manner.
- Experience working with an electronic health record system (EMR).
- The ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
As our organization continues to grow, new positions emerge. This will offer opportunities for promotion and internal career advancement. Additionally, in-house skills training is provided via lunch-and-learns. Additionally, fun presentations help employees expand their knowledge and abilities.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous amounts of paid time off, health and dental insurance, 401k pension plan, health and dependent care spending accounts, no-cost life insurance, long term disability, commuter benefits program, college tuition assistance, NHSC loan repayment program, CME allowance and college savings plan (529).
How to apply
Interested candidates can upload their resumes in the form below. Please submit applications in PDF format of less than 100k in size. If you have any trouble uploading the file, you can manually email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.