What we are looking for.
We are currently seeking extraordinary candidates who are passionate about their work and have complete dedication and determination to exceed the needs of our patients.
Do you have the following?
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- High School Diploma or GED
- A diploma from an accredited (300-hour) program of medical assistants and/or nursing assistants.
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) Certification.
- A minimum of two years experience in a community health care setting, with corresponding knowledge of routine nursing techniques and procedures.
- Experience working with an electronic health record system (EMR).
- The ability to communicate effectively and deal with sensitive issues in a courteous, friendly and confidential manner.
- The ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours and Saturdays as needed.
IMPORTANT: All staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19; unless medically exempt.
As a Medical Assistant, your position will include but is not limited to:
- Assisting patients and physicians during physical examinations; performing EKG’s, phlebotomy, vital signs and other procedures needed.
- Maintaining confidentiality of medical information concerning patients and proper documentation in medical charts.
- Assisting with the handling of supplies, caring for equipment; and cleaning designated areas.
- Performing at the direction of or under the professional supervision of the physician, and the administrative supervision of the Patient Flow Manager
We are located in the heart of East Harlem. Settlement Health has been part of the community since 1977 and we provide affordable, quality primary care health services.
What we offer.
Settlement Health offers an attractive compensation package which includes a 401K Pension Plan, generous paid time off, flexible spending accounts, free life insurance, commuter benefit programs, discount programs and much more…