What we are looking for.
We are currently seeking extraordinary candidates who are passionate about their work and have complete dedication and determination to exceed the needs of our patients.
Do you have the following?
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work quickly despite frequent interruptions.
- Minimum of two years experience working in a healthcare setting
As a Medical Office Assistant, your position will include but is not limited to:
- Registering all new patients and informing them of the registration process and services available throughout the health center.
- Answering calls and questions in a courteous and professional manner; takes messages via EMR.
- Scheduling appointments, printing appointment slips and confirms date and time of appointments scheduled.
- Updating patient information, verifying insurance coverage, and obtaining approval when necessary.
- Monitoring patient flow to ensure that patients are being attended to in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that triage encounters are generated and passed on to the nursing staff.
- Maintaining an orderly and clean workstation; ensuring that appropriate forms and supplies are on hand in sufficient quantity.
- Collecting and securing all patient co-payments monies due from self-pay patients and generates receipts.
- For billing purposes, all data collected for visits is current and entered in to the computer system and appropriate copies are placed to be scanned into EMR.
- Reviewing all insurance via various insurance websites.
- Attend all staff meetings, including Quality Improvement, and participates in staff education.
- Ability to assess a patient’s needs and concerns using tact and discretion.
We are located in the heart of East Harlem. Settlement Health has been part of the community since 1977 and we provide affordable, quality primary care health services.
What we offer.
Settlement Health offers an attractive compensation package which includes a 401K Pension Plan, generous paid time off, flexible spending accounts, free life insurance, commuter benefit programs, discount programs and much more…