Settlement Health 212 East 106th Street
Posted 3 weeks ago
IMPORTANT: All staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19; or with exceptions only as required by law.
What we are looking for.
We are seeking a full-time experienced Internist or Family Medicine Physician to work as part of an assigned care team to provide primary care to our patients.
- Carry a patient caseload consistent with health center goals and external mandates for quality of care and productivity.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Refer patients, as indicated, to other primary care and specialty services within the health center and to appropriate outside facilities for tests, procedures, and specialty consultations.
- Participate in on-call telephone coverage on a rotating basis as assigned by the CMO.
- Passionate about providing high quality care to the under served population
- Work closely with support staff (nursing, care management, social work, etc.) to ensure that the patient is getting comprehensive and coordinated medical care
- Participate in quality assurance and quality improvement activities including peer chart reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current NYS Medical License with a specialty in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Current DEA certification
- Current CPR and Infection Control certification
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Graduated from an accredited medical school and licensed to practice in New York State
- Certification or eligible for board certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine/Family Medicine
Salary: $175K- $203K
About Settlement Health.
We are located in the heart of East Harlem. Settlement Health has been part of the community since 1977 and we provide affordable, quality primary care health services.
What we offer.
Settlement Health offers an attractive compensation package which includes a 401K Retirement Plan, generous paid time off, flexible spending accounts, free life insurance, commuter benefit programs, discount programs and much more…