Experienced (full-time) Bilingual (Spanish- English) Social Worker/ Psychotherapist, LMSW to provide supportive short-term psychotherapy within a Primary Care medical setting. The individual will work under the supervision of a Licensed Clinical Social worker. LMSW will also work closely with Care Managers, Primary Care Physicians, and other behavioral health staff members in a Federally Funded Primary Care Clinic (Article-28) to integrate behavioral health screenings and short term treatment into patients’ medical care.
IMPORTANT: All staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19; unless medically exempt.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Initial screening (biopsychosocial), evaluation and tracking of patients referred by Medical Doctors within a primary care medical setting.
- Diagnosing underlying mental health symptoms using the DSM V; providing or making referrals for individuals, families, and group psychotherapy.
- Conducting treatment planning in collaboration with patients (reviewed every 3 months).
- Providing supportive goal oriented short-term psychotherapy to a diversity of patients (including Spanish speakers).
- Capacity to provide a caring, attuned, sensitive, and empathic therapeutic environment for patients in highly vulnerable situations of economic, political and social oppression, as well as complex trauma.
- Employing crisis intervention in response to MDs referring patients via crisis calls (risk assessment for patients endorsing suicidal ideation).
- Being on-site at least 12 hours per week is a required at a Primary Care Clinic setting to provide psychotherapy.
- Have an understanding of the importance of trauma informed care, not only working with patients, but also working with other coworkers/ team members.
- Strong self-awareness skills as they relate to dynamics of race, class, gender and other power dynamics within the clinical process and work environment.
- Have a developed understanding of the importance of their own self-care and awareness of self (use of self) as it relates to providing psychotherapy within a high paced social service environment.
- Engage in clinical supervision (clinical hours obtainable) with an experienced Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Maintenance of a short weekly caseload log (sent to LCSW Supervisor) for review and clear communication of caseload/ patient updates.
- Demonstrated ability to work and lead in a team-based environment with a trauma informed, anti-oppressive, and anti-racist lens and practice.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to working in a fast-paced clinic, all while maintaining accurate patient documentation in a timely manner.
- Valid NY State LMSW certification.
- Fluency in English and Spanish required.
- Experience working in a primary care or other clinical setting preferred, but not required.
- Prior training in psychotherapy model(s) preferred, but not required.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with an electronic medical system preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work on-site within a primary care clinic
How to apply
Interested candidates can upload their resumes or CV’s in the form below. Please submit applications in PDF format of less than 100k in size. If you have any trouble uploading the file, you can manually email your resume to email@example.com
|Job Category||Social Work|