Settlement Health invites applications for the full-time position of Social Worker, LCSW. The ideal candidate will provide leadership, strategic direction and management. Will be part will be a part of the leadership team and be responsible for the delivery of quality behavioral health services within an FQHC setting. The ideal candidate has experience with short-term psychotherapeutic methods, comprehensive psychosocial assessments and is comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team. The individual will work very closely with Care Managers, Primary Care Physicians, and other behavioral health staff members to integrate behavioral health screenings and treatment into patients’ clinical care. Specific job responsibilities include:
- Supervise the Behavioral Health Clinical Social Workers
- Work collaboratively with Chief Operating Officer to accomplish key behavioral health goals and initiatives
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and prioritize work in partnership with Director of Care Management
- Direct billing service and quality goals of behavioral health services and create an environment of accountability in meeting fiscal targets
- Support increased patient access and organizational growth by leading the expansion of behavioral health services
- Stay current on health care trends and requirements, and use of evidence based management practices to ensure effective behavioral health interventions
- Demonstrated ability to work and lead in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse patients and staff.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to working in a fast-paced clinic, all while maintaining accurate patient documentation in a timely manner.
- Initial screening, evaluation and tracking of patient and families
- Comprehensive psychosocial assessment of patients
- Helping patients and families understand the illness and treatment options
- Diagnosing underlying mental illness; providing or making referrals for individual, family, and group psychotherapy
- Promoting communication and collaboration among health care team members
- Employing crisis intervention
- Valid NY State LCSW certification
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Experience working in a primary care setting required
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with an electronic medical system preferred
- Ability to work until 7pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays
As our organization continues to grow, new positions emerge. This will offer opportunities for promotion and internal career advancement. Additionally, in-house skills training is provided via lunch-and-learns. Additionally, fun presentations help employees expand their knowledge and abilities.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous amounts of paid time off, health and dental insurance, 401k pension plan, health and dependent care spending accounts, no-cost life insurance, long term disability, commuter benefits program, college tuition assistance, NHSC loan repayment program, CME allowance and college savings plan (529).
How to apply
Interested candidates can upload their resumes or CV’s in the form below. Please submit applications in PDF format of less than 100k in size. If you have any trouble uploading the file, you can manually email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Social Work|