Join Our Team
Interested in a career in community health? At Settlement Health, our employees are our most important resource.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K pension plan, commuter and health flexible spending accounts, no-cost life insurance, long-term and short disability insurance, generous paid time off and much more…
IMPORTANT: All staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19; or with exceptions only as required by law.The RN is responsible for assessing patients, obtaining health history, patient teaching and education, administration of medications and immunizations, monitoring vital signs and providing support to medical providers. The RN is expected to follow the organization's protocols and perform clinical procedures such as but not limited to injections, phlebotomy, EKG, dipstick urinalysis, finger stick blood tests, PPDs, pregnancy and other health screens as necessary/ordered by the medical provider. The RN will also assist in patient care and first aid procedures during a medical emergency under the direction of the medical provider. The following is required:
- Knowledge of Nursing assessments, skills and critical thinking ability
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- An active New York State RN License
- Current CPR Certification
- Current Infection Control Certification
- Knowledge of medical procedures, diagnostic tools and medical office protocols
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently.
IMPORTANT: All staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19; or with exceptions only as required by law.What we are looking for. We are currently seeking extraordinary candidates who are passionate about their work and have complete dedication and determination to exceed the needs of our staff and patients. The Prevention Peer Educator is an integral care management team member in our efforts to support the federal initiative to end the HIV Epidemic. The Preventive Peer Educator will assist in engaging individuals who are high risk for HIV infection and provides navigation to appropriate support persons/services at the health center and within the community. Furthermore, they will lead, assist and/or support all activities focused on disseminating information to our patients and the community at large regarding preventive care, the efficacy and availability of PrEP to decrease the risk of contracting HIV as well as other risk reduction strategies. Specific responsibilities include:
- Works closely with the Preventive Care Navigator, HIV specialist, peer educators, Director of Community Relations and other care management team members to maneuver patients through the continuum of care on-site at Settlement Health and with offsite referrals.
- Assists staff with patient tracking, retention and treatment adherence support.
- Provides input quality improvement initiatives and reporting as a care management team member.
- Completes an initial Peer Educator Training and attends additional educational training sessions in areas such as HIV, STIs, TB, Substance Use, for all at risk populations under the guidance of the Director of Care Management.
- Participates in outreach activities in the community to increase awareness of Settlement Health’s services as well as increase knowledge of the efficacy and availability of PrEP to reduce risk of HIV infection.
- Assists staff in conducting targeted, culturally appropriate, behavior modification theory-based Outreach/Inreach and Presentations to Groups in areas in the East Harlem Community where persons at high risk for HIV infection congregate; and utilized experience to communicate with peers in group settings.
- Identifies or recruits patients through targeted interaction or crisis intervention for program related activities and for obtaining services at Settlement Health or other community agencies.
- Provides input and assists in developing HIV prevention educational materials or activities in collaboration with Preventive Care Navigator and other relevant team members. This is inclusive of marketing possibly via social media, engaging with community partners, flyers, etc.
- Act as a liaison between patients, the clinical care teams, preventive care navigator and other relevant team members to ensure pts needs are met.
- Accompany patients as needed if there is a need for advocacy/support
- Is trained in and conducts HIV testing and counseling as needed to support HIV prevention and initiation of PrEP.
- Is actively involved in creating/leading peer support groups in the areas of HIV prevention and risk reduction. Engages post-presentation discussions, focus groups, pre/post testing, tabulation, compilation and assessment of qualitative and quantitative data as per Settlement Health requirements.
- Maintains referral resources and contact/encounter forms, and provides a monthly report to supervisor.
- Performs other programmatic duties, at the request of the Preventive Care Navigator.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of Peer Education training program
- Basic computer skills with windows-based programs and internet navigation
- Demonstrate leadership skills in delivering HIV/AIDS prevention messages to patients and peers on and offsite.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
IMPORTANT: All staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19; or with exceptions only as required by law.What we are looking for. We are currently seeking extraordinary candidates who are passionate about their work and have complete dedication and determination to exceed the needs of our patients. Do you have the following?
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work quickly despite frequent interruptions.
- Minimum of two years experience working in a healthcare setting
- Registering all new patients and informing them of the registration process and services available throughout the health center.
- Answering calls and questions in a courteous and professional manner; takes messages via EMR.
- Scheduling appointments, printing appointment slips and confirms date and time of appointments scheduled.
- Updating patient information, verifying insurance coverage, and obtaining approval when necessary.
- Monitoring patient flow to ensure that patients are being attended to in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that triage encounters are generated and passed on to the nursing staff.
- Maintaining an orderly and clean workstation; ensuring that appropriate forms and supplies are on hand in sufficient quantity.
- Collecting and securing all patient co-payments monies due from self-pay patients and generates receipts.
- For billing purposes, all data collected for visits is current and entered in to the computer system and appropriate copies are placed to be scanned into EMR.
- Reviewing all insurance via various insurance websites.
- Attend all staff meetings, including Quality Improvement, and participates in staff education.
- Ability to assess a patient’s needs and concerns using tact and discretion.